In this short guide we will show you how to set up SMS Protection in Overwatch 2. Overwatch 2 SMS protection is essential for your Battle.net account and to try and play the shooter continuation, so make sure you add a phone number to your account. You can not play Overwatch 2 without doing this, so make sure you sign in to or set up a free Battle.net account destined to be prepared for the launch of Overwatch 2.
This is only a rare example of safety efforts and changes that Blizzard is adding with the new Guard Matrix initiative that aims on clamping down on cheaters and disruptive players. This is the way you can add a phone number to your Battle.net account and activate Overwatch 2 SMS protection.
How to Set Up SMS Protection in Overwatch 2
Both new and returning players should enable SMS Protect in your Blizzard account. You can do that by logging into your Battle.net account, going to Account Details > Phone Number and entering your phone number. Click Continue and you’ll get a verification code via text. Enter the code and your account will confirmed. Note that Blizzard has said “certain sorts of phone numbers, including prepaid and VOIP, cannot be utilized for SMS Protect.” That could mean many individuals may be forgotten about. Of US adults ages 18-29, 38% have a prepaid plan, according to YouGov data.
- Similar topic: How to Fix the Overwatch 2 Watchpoint Pack Not Working Error
Overwatch SMS Protect
- Login to your battle.net
- Go to Account Details
- Click on Phone Number and enter your number
- You will get a verification text, and you really want to enter the code
- Your account is presently check
Add a Phone Number for Blizzard’s SMS Protect
It’s not hard to do on the off chance that you have a qualified phone number — some, similar to numbers on prepaid plans, don’t qualify — yet Activision Blizzard hasn’t offered clear messaging on how players can make it happen. This is how it’s done:
- Go to Battle.net and sign in.
- On the site’s top navigation bar, click your account name. (On the off chance that you’re not already sign in, it’ll say My Account.) It’s all the way to one side.
- From the dropdown menu, click Account Settings.
- Click the three blue lines on the left half of the navigation bar.
- From that point, click Account Details.
The third segment down is where you’ll enter your phone number. In the event that you’ve already got one there, you’re all set. In any case, click on Add Phone Number and type yours in. Activision Blizzard will send you a security code that you’ll then, at that point, have to enter on-screen.