In this short guide we will show you how to get the chainsaw in Fallout 76. Weapons are an important part of surviving in Fallout 76. The wasteland that is Appalachia is loaded up with deadly enemies who aren’t afraid of a little slaughter so you will definitely require a way to safeguard yourself. There are a lot of weapons to browse in the game yet not many are as fun as the Chainsaw. This menacing weapon is capable of sawing through your foes in a terrible fashion. Unfortunately, it isn’t the easiest weapon to obtain. This guide will show you how to get the Chainsaw in Fallout 76.
Related: How to Find Honey Beasts in Fallout 76
Where to Find a Chainsaw in Fallout 76
The Chainsaw has been in the game since the release and has been ignored every now and again. Thanks to the addition of the Auto Ax, the Chainsaw has filled in popularity. Obviously, the weapon isn’t exceptionally easy to obtain because you can’t craft it, you can find it sitting somewhere on the planet. There are also a couple of areas where you can find this weapon simply lying around.
There are a handful of areas where you can get the Chainsaw in Fallout 76. Assuming you are looking to get your hands on the weapon Gift Wrap, actually look at the following areas:
- Crimson Prospect – Can appear southwest of the area close to a transport.
- Metal Dome – Appears in a small metal building around the area.
- Mountainside Bed & Breakfast – Spawns much of the time in the basement. To get it, you should purchase a room and allow the cannibals to attack you. This will open the way to the basement.
- Pleasant Valley Cabins – At the base of a pine tree to the west of the area.
- Ranger District Office – On a cabinet inverse where the cages are.
The most minimal level you can obtain the Chainsaw is level 20. After obtaining the weapon, you can start receiving Chainsaws as legendary rewards from the Purveyor and from occasion missions. There is a handful of mods that you can get for the chainsaw however crafting them requires the Makeshift Warrior perk card to be upgraded to even out four. Remember this before you think about using the chainsaw as your primary weapon of decision.